Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Strange Things Afoot

My husband and I are bemused and fascinated by a local business in our town. Each time we pass it we have noticed that they post something new and strange on their sign outside. We've been giggling about it for over a year now, and I wish we had started keeping track of them earlier, but these have been the latest nuggets of wisdom:

Last week of February: "He is hostile."

This week: "Two out of three ain't good."

I'm imagining some guy who's owned this place since the 70's (it's called Southern Business Machines, which is a mystery in itself) has reached his dotage and now fancies himself a sage. Who knows? I may just call them this week and see if anyone can tell me what these mean and who puts them up, but that may spoil the fun.

Cool link today: http://www.marumushi.com/apps/newsmap/newsmap.cfm

1 comment:

TBL said...

I think I know the place you're talking about. I'll have to look out the next time I pass by there.