Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Inhumanity

I read a column today by John Leo that was so sad, and about people so evil, I could not stop thinking about it the rest of the day. Unbelieveably, (and this was Leo's point) I saw nothing of this on CNN or any of the other major American news sources, more than likely because these media sources are pussy-footing around the fact that it was vicious anti-Semitism by Muslims - just as many papers were afraid to publish the political cartoons. Do a news search - you won't see a word in any US news sites.

A young French man named Ilan Halimi who happened to be Jewish was kidnapped and tortured to death over a period of THREE weeks by a gang of mostly Muslim youth in one of the suburbs of Paris. They apparently invited friends and neighbors over to participate, yet no one ever called the police. I can't write anymore about it, it's too sickening.

I love France and enjoyed my time there, but attitudes like this just make me want to stay away. I am not anti-Muslim - I am anti-depraved violence against others, and I am against spineless wimps offering apologetics on why souless thugs may be justified in their acts. Let's call something for what it is, and not act like scared kids at recess trying to avoid the bully skulking in the school yard.

In addition, I am a Christian, and when I saw Rolling Stone's cover of Kanye West as a crucified Jesus, I didn't run around burning stuff and threatening murder, although I was highly offended by the content. Guess what, I chose not to read it, and suffered the fools who decided to print that garbage.

On a final note, we all (myself included) need to keep alive in our memories ALL acts of violence against every human, lest we fall into the trap as great as hate, which is indifference. Before Hitler began the death camps that murdered Jews, as well as Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, and many others, he said "Who will remember the Armenians?" (One million Armenians were murdered during WW I)

John Leo's Column:
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/johnleo/2006/03/19/190447.html

Here is in-depth information about the crime:
http://israpundit.com/2006/?p=211

No comments: