Saturday, March 18, 2006

Explanation


I am in a much better frame of mind today. I think I just get too sensitive about things. It is a beautiful day today and I have so much to be thankful for. The image that was in the last post is called Melancholy and Mystery of a Street, by Italian metaphysical artist Girogi de Chirico. It is one of my very favorites, and his art just appeals to me on so many levels that I don't think I can even conciously express. I like the brightness and shadow, and the silence. If you like it, also check out Max Ernst, featured here. I was lucky enough to see a Max Ernst exhibit in Paris in 1998. This image is titled Two Children are Threatened by a Nightingale.

1 comment:

TBL said...

Sounds like you might like some of the same things about it that I do. It is a very cool painting. The Max Ernst one is neat too. Have you seen the Maxfield Parish exhibit here?