Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update

If there is still anyone out there that still bothers to check this, I apologize for the dearth of posts. I found out in late March that my mom has cancer, and things just got intensely horrific for a while (I lost seven pounds in one week if that helps to illustrate.) I was also moving to a new house and closing on the old one right at the time we were all trying to deal with my mom's diagnosis, so I was in kind of a black hole/fog of non-communication that I am slowly digging myself out of. In any case, being in the new place (which is actually my parent's old place) is incredibly wonderful.

I am not being melodramatic when I quote this (if you notice the book that it's from, it's been on my mind lately, but this is very inspiring):

But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. - Job 5:8-9

2 comments:

Lighthousegal said...

Browsing through blogs and came upon yours and just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you. I know too well how it is to have a Mother that has been diagnosed with cancer. It is not an easy time and it does indeed feel as if you are in a black hole.
Sending thoughts of comfort and strength your way.......

TBL said...

I like the scripture quote. Things will turn out peachy, I think.